This fall, Baile nan Gàidheal and its partners (Iona Heights Inn, Grandona Legion Branch 124, and the Municipality of Victoria County) are pleased to offer the inaugural installment of the Waters of Iona Music Camp on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16.
Join us for a fun weekend of learning, with traditional music and Gaelic song workshops, while overlooking the beautiful shores of the Bras d’Or Lake.
Connect with our local community through cultural events including a square dance, relay race, ceilidh and traditional music session. All ages are welcome.
Events take place at Baile nan Gàidheal | Highland Village, Frolic ‘n Folk Pub, and the Grandona Legion.
Here is the schedule:
- 1-4 pm - Music and Song workshops
- Workshop A - Song arranging with Roger Stone (Frolic ‘n Folk Pub) - $45
- Workshop B - Intro to Gaelic language and song with Hannah Krebs (Highland Village) - $45
- 5-8 pm - Frolic & Folk Céilidh with Roger Stone - $5 (show your workshop ticket for free admission)
- 6:30-7:30 pm - Workshop C - Iona Square Set Workshop at Legion (included in price of dance)
- 7:30- 10 pm - Family Square Dance at Iona Legion with Howie MacDonald and Beverly MacLean - $10
- 9-10 - Relay Race at Highland Village (5 members per team) - no charge
- 1-4 pm - Music and Song Workshops
- Workshop D - Guitar/mandolin chording for fiddle with Roger Stone (Iona Legion) - $45
- Workshop E - Traditional fiddle tunes and piano accompaniment with Stephanie MacDonald and Susan MacLean (Frolic ‘n Folk Pub) - $45
- Workshop F = Gaelic milling songs and milling frolic with Hannah Krebs (Highland Village) - $45
- 4:30 - 7:30 pm - Traditional Music Session at the Frolic & Folk Pub - share the songs and tunes you’ve learned over the weekend and jam with local musicians.
For tickets visit watersofiona.ca